link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico Baking Biscuit: My Homemade Ranch!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Homemade Ranch!

My mom always says ranch is NOT a side dish, it is a condiment!... But, I beg to differ!
I like to put ranch on EVERYTHING: on pizza (YUM), on sandwiches, on my spaghetti (don't knock it until you've tried it!).  Once I put ranch on my cereal - that was NOT good!

I made ranch about 25 or so times - we didn't really like any of those recipes.  My Grammie says, "You've got to use your kidneys!" (she was pointing to her head like she was thinking :)  )  After using my, um kidneys........ here it is......

My Homemade Ranch Recipe Revealed!

After years of trying to perfect my ranch recipe I have finally got it right!!!  At least, it's a hit with our family anyway!
  • 1t thyme
  • 1t basil
  • salt & pepper to your liking
  • 1t garlic
  • 1/8c buttermilk (I use homemade cultured buttermilk)
  • 1/2c homemade mayo
  • 1c sour cream




Mix all ingredients well, cool and enjoy!

My Experience with this...
I love ranch so much! When I finally figured out the magic recipe I did the happy dance!!!
My whole family loves ranch (I think a little bit too much)!

The first time I perfected my ranch recipe I still had some store-bought ranch and I made my family taste test them, and my 7yo sister (who DOES NOT like my homemade ranch) says "what is the difference?"

No comments:

Post a Comment